RECIPE: Superfood Smoothie
A morning smoothie is a great way to pack in a lot of nutrition easily, quickly and on a daily basis. Once a week is better than nothing, but if possible, try to ingest body supporting herbs and superfoods daily. It’s certainly better to introduce small amounts of plant information regularly and over time than in heaping amounts just once in a while. We want to give our bodies a balanced variety of nutrients and allow our bodies to evolve with tonic herbs. As long as your source is good quality, and unadulterated, you should observe a shift towards better energy, improved immunity, reduced inflammation, regular digestion, and clear, glowing skin. – Jenna Levine, Founder & CEO
This superfood recipe includes our homemade Cashew Turmeric Nut Milk, but good quality store bought nut milks will do just fine.
Cashew Turmeric Nut Milk
Ingredients: – Makes 6 servings
- 1 cup of raw Cashews
- 2 cups of Water
- 2 knobs of raw Turmeric
- Optional: Cinnamon, Dates or Grade B Maple Syrup
Instructions: Soak cashews in water for 4 hours or overnight. You don’t have to, to but soaking removes enzyme inhibitors, improves digestibility and nutrient bioavailability, and helps everything blend more easily. Rinse thoroughly and drain. Add to vitamix or blender. Add water to cover the cashews (If you like thicker smoothies add less water). Should you like, add some sweetness: cinnamon, dates or Grade B Maple Syrup little by little to your desired taste. Peel raw turmeric. Add to blender and blend until smooth.
Ingredients: Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup of Cashew Nut Milk (ingredients and process above)
- 1 Mango
- 1/2 Large Papaya
- 1 heaping cup of frozen berries – blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, bilberries, seabuckthorn, etc.
- 4 tbsp (1 per serving) BrainOn E3 Live – Liquid Blue green algae
- 1.5 cups of Coconut Water
- 4 tbsp (1 per person) Spirulina aka “Spiritulina”
- 4 tbsp (1 per person) Gelatinized Maca
- 4 tbsp (1 per person) Moringa leaf powder
- 4 tbsp (1 per person) Chlorella Powder
- 4 tbsp (1 per person) Shelled raw Hemp seeds
- 4 tbsp (1 per person) Raw cacao nibs
- 1 knob of raw ginger
Instructions: Remove skin from mango. Add to vitamix or blender. Cut papaya in half, remove seeds and skin – cut and add to vitamix. Add everything else and blend until smooth. Add more coconut water or pure, filtered water as needed. Pour into cups & enjoy with family and friends!
Photo by Sally Griffiths for The Moment. Check out The Moment for the original post, recipes and more!
Dejar un comentario