SMOOTH reparative balm - Travel Size
SMOOTH is perfect for all skin types but it was made specifically to address dry, chapped and irritated skin. A delight to apply, it melts effortlessly into the skin, leaving no greasy residue and only a whisper of fresh functional fragrance. SMOOTH contains ingredients known to maintain healthy skin pH, supply antioxidants, calm irritation, promote natural collagen production and improve the skin’s texture. Perfect for everyday skin health or as a healing treatment, SMOOTH delivers on its claims and our reviews demonstrate how its helped resolve otherwise hard to treat rashes, burns and scars. Please note, while called a body balm, SMOOTH is a superhero multi-tasking product, try it from head to toe as a skin-nourishing balm, make-up remover or hair-styling aid.
1oz | 30 ml
- Avocado Fruit Oil: The natural content of vitamins A and E promote natural collagen production and work synergistically to improve the skins tone and texture. Together with potassium and sterolins, these nutrients encourage epidermal cell turnover, making the oil ideal for anti-aging products, dry skin formulations and as a treatment for damaged skin cells and a range of skin conditions that include eczema and psoriasis.
- Meadowfoam Seed Oil: nourishes and protects the skin, lips and hair from moisture loss with its exceptional concentration of vitamin E. It serves as a valuable massage oil for its abillity to lubricate and provide slip. And while it will leave a radiant sheen, it is non-greasy and quickly penetrating. It revitalizes dry, cracked lips and is a great primer as it will help cosmetics adhere to lips longer.
- Beeswax: provides a protective layer to protect skin from moisture loss. This barrier still allows skin to breathe and excrete excess sebum and impurities. Our organic beeswax is anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory.
- Palmarosa Essential Oil: moisturizes, stimulates cell regeneration, speeds healing, regulates sebum secretion, and minimizes the appearance of wrinkles.
- Geranium Essential Oil: contains antiseptic, astringent, regenerative and detoxifying constituents. It is prized for its ability to relax the body and relieve tension. Furthermore owing to its antimicrobial properties and lovely scent, geranium oil exits the body during perspiration thus working as a natural deodorant.
- Bergamot Essential Oil: Contains antibacterial compounds that are healing to wounds, acne, eczema and psoriasis. Ours is furanocoumarin-free, meaning there are no photo-sensitzing effects.
- Cypress Essential Oil: improves cellulitis, tones sagging skin and calms ruddiness.
AROMA: Bergamot, Palmarosa and Cypress: citrus, fresh cut flowers and pine.
Is SMOOTH appropriate for facial skin?
SMOOTH Balm is also outstanding in that it not only provides deep moisturization, and skin barrier protection but it additionally stimulates cellular renewal, and improves skin tone and elasticity whilst reducing cellulitis thanks to ingredients such as avocado, palmarosa and cypress. Try it on the face and body.
Can SMOOTH help with psoriasis?
SMOOTH was formulated to treat the founder/formulator's own dry, chapped, psoriasis prone skin. Because this product is not classified as a "medication", we are unable to make a formal claim, but the generous testimonials of our customers confirm that SMOOTH is truly remarkable in cases of rash, psoriasis, eczema and other skin imbalances.
How does SMOOTH help stretch marks and can I use it while pregnant?
While genetics play the primary role in the formation of stretch marks, LINNÉ products can safely be used to prevent and treat these common skin conditions.
They occur when collagen and elastin stretch. To prevent stretch marks we recommend regular self-massage with our SMOOTH body balm. Deeply nourishing avocado oil and fast penetrating meadowfoam seed oil deliver vital nutrients including vitamins A & E to promote natural collagen production and provide the skin with the elasticity it needs to expand. Essential oils of palmarosa, cypress and geranium further enhance this activity by treating damaged cells, increasing circulation and stimulating regeneration. The toning effect of the balm is equally as beneficial postpartum.
How can I use SMOOTH as an oil cleanse?
You can use it
SMOOTH as an oil cleanser and makeup remover. To double cleanse, use circular motions to gently massage
SMOOTH into your skin for about a minute. Give special attention to the hairline and jawline where makeup tends to build up.
Use a warm, damp washcloth followed by a lukewarm rinse to remove the balm. Don’t worry if there is some residue, the second cleanse will remove this.
Keep your skin damp for the second cleanse with PURIFY or CLEANSE. Again, massage the product in for about a minute, covering the same areas. Rinse, pat dry and immediately follow with your LINNÉ treatment products.
What is “slugging” and how do I do it?
Slugging is the process of applying an occlusive product (in this case oils and waxes) to form a physical layer on your skin. This helps improve the skin barrier function and prevent trans-epidermal water loss. Adding an occlusive to your skincare routine can be particularly beneficial for those with dry, dehydrated, sun damaged or injured skin. As a protective agent they can also prevent irritation from environmental stressors such as wind and pollen.
Applying an occlusive, aka slugging, is often done as a final skincare step before bed but is perfect for day time use especially in cold or dry climates. While occlusives prevent moisture loss they aren’t necessarily humectants themselves so you’ll need to first treat your skin to a hydrating step.
We recommend a generous misting of REFRESH mineral mist followed by RENEW serum. If you like you can also apply a face oil prior to slugging for additional nourishment. Finally apply SMOOTH or NURTURE balms liberally to seal everything in.
Where is SMOOTH in the order of products?
SMOOTH is a wonderful final step used to create a barrier against moisture loss. Apply it after a shower or bath when the skin is still damp. It is also wonderful applied to the body after a misting of REFRESH. LINNÉ products are marked with Roman Numerals as a nod to our namesake, the botanist Carl Von LINNÉ who laid the foundations for the taxonomical classification system. We borrowed this system to create our easy step protocol. Balsm are Step VI.
Persea gratissima (AVOCADO) oil*, Limnanthes alba (MEADOWFOAM) seed oil*, Perilla ocymoides (SHISO) seed oil*, Cera alba (BEESWAX)*, Citrus aurantium var. bergamia (BERGAMOT) essential oil*∞, Rosmarinus officinalis (ROSEMARY) leaf extract*, Cupressus sempervirens L. (CYPRESS) leaf oil*, Elettaria cardamomum L. (CARDAMOM) seed extract*, Cymbopogon martinii (PALMAROSA) oil**, Pelargonium graveolens (GERANIUM) oil*, citral^, citronellol^, geraniol^, limonene^, linalool^
*Organic **Wild-harvested ∞Furanocoumarin-free ^Naturally Occurring in Essential Oils
100% Organic or Wild-Harvested