SMOOTH is perfect for all skin types but it was made specifically to address dry, chapped and irritated skin. A delight to apply, it melts effortlessly into the skin, leaving no greasy residue and only a whisper of fresh functional fragrance. SMOOTH contains ingredients known to maintain healthy skin pH, supply antioxidants, calm irritation, promote natural collagen production and improve the skin’s texture. Perfect for everyday skin health or as a healing treatment, SMOOTH delivers on its claims and our reviews demonstrate how its helped resolve otherwise hard to treat rashes, burns and scars. Please note, while called a body balm, SMOOTH is a superhero multi-tasking product, try it from head to toe as a skin-nourishing balm, make-up remover or hair-styling aid.
4 oz. | 120 ml.
- Avocado Fruit Oil: The natural content of vitamins A and E promote natural collagen production and work synergistically to improve the skins tone and texture. Together with potassium and sterolins, these nutrients encourage epidermal cell turnover, making the oil ideal for anti-aging products, dry skin formulations and as a treatment for damaged skin cells and a range of skin conditions that include eczema and psoriasis.
- Meadowfoam Seed Oil: nourishes and protects the skin, lips and hair from moisture loss with its exceptional concentration of vitamin E. It serves as a valuable massage oil for its abillity to lubricate and provide slip. And while it will leave a radiant sheen, it is non-greasy and quickly penetrating. It revitalizes dry, cracked lips and is a great primer as it will help cosmetics adhere to lips longer.
- Beeswax: provides a protective layer to protect skin from moisture loss. This barrier still allows skin to breathe and excrete excess sebum and impurities. Our organic beeswax is anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory.
- Palmarosa Essential Oil: moisturizes, stimulates cell regeneration, speeds healing, regulates sebum secretion, and minimizes the appearance of wrinkles.
- Geranium Essential Oil: contains antiseptic, astringent, regenerative and detoxifying constituents. It is prized for its ability to relax the body and relieve tension. Furthermore owing to its antimicrobial properties and lovely scent, geranium oil exits the body during perspiration thus working as a natural deodorant.
- Bergamot Essential Oil: Contains antibacterial compounds that are healing to wounds, acne, eczema and psoriasis. Ours is furanocoumarin-free, meaning there are no photo-sensitzing effects.
- Cypress Essential Oil: improves cellulitis, tones sagging skin and calms ruddiness.
AROMA: Bergamot, Palmarosa and Cypress: citrus, fresh cut flowers and pine.
Can SMOOTH help with psoriasis?
SMOOTH was formulated to treat the founder/formulator's own dry, chapped, psoriasis prone skin. While we are unable to make any promises, the generous testimonials of our customers confirm that these ingredients are not only effective, but when combined synergize to produce truly remarkable results in cases of rash, psoriasis, eczema and other skin imbalances.
Is this good for mature skin?
SMOOTH Body Balm is also outstanding in that it not only provides deep moisturization, and skin barrier protection but it additionally stimulates cellular renewal, and improves skin tone and elasticity whilst reducing cellulitis thanks to ingredients such as avocado, palmarosa and cypress.
How does SMOOTH help strech marks and can I use it while pregnant?
While genetics play the primary role in the formation of stretch marks, LINNÉ products can safely be used to prevent and treat these common skin conditions.
They occur when collagen and elastin stretch. To prevent stretch marks we recommend regular self-massage with our SMOOTH body balm. Deeply nourishing avocado oil and fast penetrating meadowfoam seed oil deliver vital nutrients including vitamins A & E to promote natural collagen production and provide the skin with the elasticity it needs to expand. Essential oils of palmarosa, cypress and geranium further enhance this activity by treating damaged cells, increasing circulation and stimulating regeneration. The toning effect of the balm is equally as beneficial postpartum.
How can this be used as a pre-cleanse or make-up remover?
Apply SMOOTH on dry skin. Massage to dissolve stubborn make-up. For a complete and thorough clean follow with PURIFY face wash.
Where is SMOOTH in the order of products?
SMOOTH is a wonderful final step used to create a barrier against moisture loss. Apply it after a shower or bath when the skin is still damp. It is also wonderful applied to the body after a misting of REFRESH. LINNÉ products are marked with Roman Numerals as a nod to our namesake, the botanist Carl Von LINNÉ who laid the foundations for the taxonomical classification system. We borrowed this system to create our easy step protocol. Balsm are Step VI.
Persea gratissima (AVOCADO) oil*, Limnanthes alba (MEADOWFOAM) seed oil*, Perilla ocymoides (SHISO) seed oil*, Cera alba (BEESWAX)*, Citrus aurantium var. bergamia (BERGAMOT) essential oil*∞, Rosmarinus officinalis (ROSEMARY) leaf extract*, Cupressus sempervirens L. (CYPRESS) leaf oil*, Elettaria cardamomum L. (CARDAMOM) seed extract*, Cymbopogon martinii (PALMAROSA) oil**, Pelargonium graveolens (GERANIUM) oil*, citral^, citronellol^, geraniol^, limonene^, linalool^
*Organic **Wild-harvested ∞Furanocoumarin-free ^Naturally Occurring in Essential Oils
100% Organic or Wild-Harvested